By Zac Cornell
- Mahomes threw for 406 yards and 5 touchdowns. Fantasy owners must be happy with that performance. Can Mahomes be consistent enough for the remainder of the season to finish as QB1 in fantasy?
- D’Ernest Johnson starred yet again in Chubb’s absence. This guy needs to be a starter on another team. He’s a great Running back. With Chubb returning next week though, Johnson is nothing but an emergency flex option. He won’t get over 10 carries and you’ll have to hope for a RedZone touchdown.
- Ceedee Lamb is WR7 in fantasy. He is Dak’s go to receiver. He had a monster week against Atlanta with 6/94/2touchdowns, whereas Amari Cooper only had 4 catches for 51 yards.
- CMC had a big week in fantasy despite having no touchdowns (Newton stole 2 and Hubbard stole 1). Though he hurt his thigh again. It seems the Panthers are rushing him back instead of letting him fully heal.
- Darrel Williams had a career game against the Packers; 11 rushes and 9 catches for 144 scrimmage yards. Clyde is returning next week though. Will Williams be cut out of the playbook then?
- Devonta Smith – Ever since Smith said he will be playing for himself and Ruggs after his incident, Smith has been a beast. Interesting, right?
- Rhamondre Stevenson – 20 carries, 100 rushing yards, 2 touchdowns. He shined in his starting role (Damien Harris out w/ concussion). Can Stevenson become the #1 back in New England? He looked much better than Harris when he plays …
- Jonathan Taylor – He might be the best running back in fantasy football. Simple. He is too consistent and dominant to be put behind first.
- Tyreek Hill – If Mahomes plays well, Hill plays well. They need each other. Tyreek had 7 catches for 83 yards and 2 touchdowns. However, 83 yards is still underwhelming for Hill.
- Stefon Diggs had a huge performance … against the Jets. 8 rec /162 yards /1 touchdown. They were targeting him in the RedZone which is a great sign for fantasy owners.
- Hockenson – 0 points. No Goff meant less Hockenson.
- Aj Brown – 2 catches. He is so inconsistent. After the loss of Henry and Julio I expected Brown’s numbers to skyrocket. Maybe the defense is focusing all of their attention on him? I don’t know how to explain it.
- Cordarrelle Patterson – He is now hurt … 1-3 weeks with an ankle sprain. Wayne Gallman (15 carries last game) or Mike Davis?
- DJ Moore – He’s been struggling since week 5. And Cam Newton being the new starter definitely doesn’t help him.
- Wilson/DK Metcalf/Lockett – Wilson looks rushed back into the lineup. I think he returned 2 weeks early for a typical human with his injury. And the Seahawks were shut out. Not good for Seattle fans or fantasy owners.
- Mike Williams – Boom or bust. Not trustworthy. Keenan Allen is the Wr1. Don’t be fooled.
- Terry McLaurin – So inconsistent. Not enough talent at QB for him to be good.
Other Fantasy Notes:
- Rashod Bateman must be owned in all fantasy leagues. He’s going to be great in PPR for the rest of the year. 18 receptions and 28 targets in 4 games.
- Odell Beckham and Van Jefferson’s stock are rising with Robert Woods tearing his ACL.
- Aaron Jones out 1-3 weeks – AJ Dillon a RB1/2 for now.
- Tyler Conklin is worth rostering.
- Kyle Pitts will be a beast while Patterson it out.
- Seahawks are far from being a playoff team and don’t own their first-round pick. They also don’t have a lot of cap space. They are in a really bad place.
- Is Mac Jones the next Brady for the Pats or is that an overreaction? He fits their team perfectly regardless.
- Broncos need a new QB
- Bucs are struggling (defense needs help – Todd Bowles needs to figure things out in that secondary)
- Is Chase or Mac OROY?
- It would probably go to Mac, but Chase deserves it.
- Baker Mayfield is not good and doesn’t deserve a big extension. He probably will get paid because they can’t afford to lose their starting QB and can’t find a better one in free agency or at their draft pick, but they shouldn’t overpay him.