By Zac Cornell
Game of the week: Buccaneers vs. Bills
- Brady had a great game (67% completion percentage, 363 passing yards, 2 touchdowns). Fournette continued his hot streak with 113 rushing yards and 1 touchdown in 19 attempts. Chris Godwin has been receiving majority of the targets from Brady (15 targets and 10 receptions for 105 yards). Breshad Perriman had the game winning touchdown as he took it 58 yards to the house!
- The Bills are struggling – now 7-6 on the season. Josh Allen had a solid game (66% completion percentage, 308 passing yards, 2 touchdowns, and 1 interception). The rushing game was non-existent for the Bills’ running backs. Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley, Dawson Knox, and Gabriel Davis led the team in targets … Emmanuel Sanders only had 1 target. The Bills defense is also struggling as of late. Losing Tre White for the season really hurts them. We will see if the Bills can pick it back up for a playoff push.
The Chiefs destroyed the Raiders 48-9. The Chiefs defense has been GREAT recently. They are legit Super Bowl contenders now with this defense. Now they just have to stay healthy.
The Seahawks destroyed the Texans. The Seahawks, who don’t own their first round pick this year, are 5-8 and have a low chance to make the playoffs. If they miss the playoffs, do they go into rebuild mode? Fire Carroll/trade Wilson, Lockett, Wagner?
The Texans have committed to Davis Mills for the rest of the season and have benched veteran QB Tyrod Taylor. Do they look to draft a QB or a defense anchor early in the draft? They need so many positions that drafting a QB right now and putting him in an awful position may not be the best thing for their franchise.
The Chargers are now 8-5! They have been good on both sides of the ball this season. Can they see the playoffs this season? I think they do.
The Giants need a rebuild. They spent big time $ last offseason and have a lot of bad contracts now. They have a big decision this offseason about GM Gettleman, HC Joe Judge, and QB Daniel Jones. What direction do they take? I would draft O-lineman to build around your future QB (who will be drafted in the next few years) and let Jones play next season you have built a better team. Go younger and cheaper.
The Packers keep on winning despite injuries. Rodgers is the MVP favorite, AGAIN. Can the Packers win a Super Bowl on this last dance story? That would be awesome.
Micah Parsons is a superstar. He’s a top 10 defender in the NFL already and may win DPOY as a rookie. The Cowboys have found the anchor of their defense for the next decade.
Speaking of the Cowboys, Zeke Elliot is not good anymore. He’s worse than Tony Pollard. He’s slow and not the workhorse he used to be.
The Browns beat the Ravens who lost Lamar Jackson due to injury. The Browns are now 7-6 on the year. Can they make the playoffs? Their offense has struggled tremendously, especially their running game, which is shocking.
Players who Boomed
- Hunter Renfrow – he’s been so consistent and good this season. He’s a must start in the fantasy playoffs
- Najee Harris – started off slow but ended up with 2 touchdowns
- Melvin Gordon and Javonte Williams both had 2 touchdowns
- Tyler Lockett – huge play that resulted in a TD
- Dawson Knox
- Mark Andrews
- Davante Adams
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire – 2TD
- Alvin Kamara
- Taysom Hill is a great starter for fantasy
- Dalvin Cook – 205 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns
- George Kittle – he’s a beast. May be a top 10 player in the NFL (value).
Players who Busted
- Darnell Mooney
- Allen Robinson
- Antonio Gibson
- Courtland Sutton
- James Robinson – NOT a good sign for the playoffs. Urban Meyer has been a mess and no one on the Jaguars is trustworthy
- Travis Kelce – He’s a must start, but it’s notable that he’s only had 6 receptions over the past 2 games
- Kareem Hunt – he’s not being utilized since his return from injury. Look elsewhere for the playoffs
- Terry McLaurin had a donut and got a concussion